Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Current source for quality G4 PowerBook batteries?

Old one holds a charge for very little actual time.

Thanks for your help!

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), G4 1.67 mHz 15" A1138 aluminum

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 6:49 PM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Bruce A

Thanks for the follow-up. The nice thing about OWC is that they really stand behind their stuff.

I supported three old G3 Wallstreets for a friend and bought three batteries for them from Global Batteries. They have worked perfectly. He bought one more from another firm; it would not work right ona number of fronts. However, I have no experience with Global's G4 batteries. I suspect they are a clearing house with multiple suppliers, so the fact that one model's battery woprked fine is not guarantee of another model's being as good.

Seeing the start of a lovely spring day here in Idaho: clear skies, no winds and a 60F forecast. Have a great day

Apr 6, 2015 8:59 AM in response to Bruce A

There are other sources, of varying quality, of which you may have some degree

of familiarity. Perhaps in passing. In another reply to an ASC question, someone

said they had ordered and received a good (?) battery and extra charger from a

company that appears to offer non-OEM and parts that look like clones...

While I have not ordered from them, in some cases such a source may be chosen

if nothing else is available, in order to keep some antique portable Mac working.

http://laptopsbattery.us/apple.htm

http://laptopsbattery.us/apple-powerbook-g4-battery.htm

For more common white iBook models, even some walmart stores had OK brands

of clones, with some kind of guarantee. However aluminum G4 PowerBook battery

replacements are harder to get, certain ones no longer available from OWC site.

So if a battery rebuilder for electronic gear is in your vicinity, it may be worth a look

to see what they can do to match the cells & rebuild using an original Apple case.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Current source for quality G4 PowerBook batteries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.