Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Sync to iPhone

I've been trying to hunt down an answer on this but I can't seem to find that it's been successfully answered. I used to be able to see any iBooks or PDFs in my iTunes library. I could then choose to sync all or only the selected items. With the iOS8 update, iTunes removed that and moved all "Books" to iBooks for Mac. So I can see all my books and PDFs there and it says purchases automatically are shared on all devices via iCloud but that PDFs or non-iTunes purchased books aren't on iCloud. If I want them on my device, I would have to sync with iTunes. I've been trying to sync my iPhone 6 and anything new that I've added PDF wise, like downloaded from an email, etc doesn't move over from iBooks to my iPhone.

The Apple instructions say to sync but clearly that doesn't work and we cannot manually move them over. HOw do I get the PDFs that are in my iBooks on my Mac onto my iPhone so I can view them there as well?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 2, 2015 10:25 PM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2015 5:24 AM in response to gail from maine

Thanks, Gail. I actually read that first before coming here.

The issue I'm having is that in my iBooks for Mac I have other PDFs/Books and even though I select sync "all books" in iTunes, they aren't coming over. I still only see certain ones on my iPhone. I used to be able to manually move them over if needed, which I can't do. It seems the only think I can do is move the ones on my phone to iBooks for Mac instead.

So in iBooks for Mac I see 58 books/pdfs but in iTunes, when I am on the Books tab, all books tells me there are only 55. There are 3 that are not coming over and no matter how many times I select sync or even switch to sync "selected books" those 3 don't appear.

Also, it was easier to manage books/PDFs in iTunes before this change. I can't seem to do anything in iBooks for Mac that helps with making these sync over or even delete something I no longer need.

I'm starting to get the impression that this works only one way, to move items in iBooks on your phone to iBooks for Mac, but if I have a PDF that I add to my iBooks for Mac library that I want to still review on my phone, then I wont be able to do so because the iTunes sync doesn't recognize as needing to be brought over. I've checked the settings on iBooks for Mac for make sure sync is selected. I really am at a loss what to do because I need to be able to have these on both my Mac and my iPhone..

Unable to Sync to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.