Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Photo does not respond when attempt to print

When I attempt to print from I-Photo my Mac Book Pro (OS X Yosemite) the app locks up (won't respond). Printer HP Photosmart 7520, wireless. Can print other docs. Recently worked with HP on the printer because would not reconnect when when to sleep mode but that has been fixed. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 9:57 AM

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

User uploaded file

5 replies

Apr 3, 2015 3:13 PM in response to eekost

OK, another test. Log into another user account on your Mac and see if iPhoto will launch and run successfully there? If it doesn't then it's time to reinstall iPhoto.

To reinstall iPhoto move the current application to the Trash bin but don't empty yet. Go to the App Store and download and install iPhoto again. Then give it another try.

Apr 6, 2015 7:48 AM in response to eekost

The Application and the Library are two different things. SO, no, but you should always make a back up before doing this kind of thing:

Most Simple Back Up:

Drag the iPhoto Library from your Pictures Folder to another Disk. This will make a copy on that disk.

Slightly more complex: Use an app that will do incremental back ups. This is a very good way to work. The first time you run the back up the app will make a complete copy of the Library. Thereafter it will update the back up with the changes you have made. That makes subsequent back ups much faster. Many of these apps also have scheduling capabilities: So set it up and it will do the back up automatically.

Example of such apps: Chronosync- but there are many others. Search on MacUpdateor the App Store

I-Photo does not respond when attempt to print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.