Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've got an 8 1/2 year old I Pod that just stopped playing. battery shows over half charged, song shows on screen but I can't shut it off or move it to another song or get it to work on I tunes off my computer

my 8 1/2 year old i pod quit working. the battery is charged but the i pod won't play or advance to next song or work on i tunes. its like it just died and i haven't dropped it or got it wet. help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 7:48 AM

1 reply

Apr 6, 2015 8:10 AM in response to sld1106

Howdy sld1106,

It sounds like you are able to see the screen but it is otherwise unresponsive. I would start by resetting the iPod with this article:

Reset your iPod - Apple Support

That should get your iPod back and working. If not let the device charge for 30 minutes, and then try turning it on normally first, and reset it one more time if it doesn't turn on.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

I've got an 8 1/2 year old I Pod that just stopped playing. battery shows over half charged, song shows on screen but I can't shut it off or move it to another song or get it to work on I tunes off my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.