Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite multiple desktop screens

I've been in Yosemite for while and just now noticed that you can have more than one desktop area, just to make sure I'm clear here this is what I mean.

My regular desktop will show with lets say mail and my downloads open, then if I mouse to the side I get another desktop with other windows open. Can someone let me know how to either make one desktop or how this feature works?

Thx

RD

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 1:55 PM

Control - up arrow will take you to Mission Control. To delete a Desktop, hover your cursor over it until you get an X in the top left hand corner. Click the X to delete. To add a Desktop, slide the cursor to the top right corner until the + sign appears.

Mission Control - Mac Basics

Mission Control preferences - OS X Yosemite

Mission Control - Shortcuts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2015 1:55 PM in response to dagwaremedia

Control - up arrow will take you to Mission Control. To delete a Desktop, hover your cursor over it until you get an X in the top left hand corner. Click the X to delete. To add a Desktop, slide the cursor to the top right corner until the + sign appears.

Mission Control - Mac Basics

Mission Control preferences - OS X Yosemite

Mission Control - Shortcuts

Yosemite multiple desktop screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.