Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to boot from windows xp iso image

I am running Mac OS X 10.9.4, and i have a windows xp ISO image, and i can't figure out how to boot to it in startup disk. anyone?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 11:14 AM

Are you trying to install Windows XP on your Mac?

From Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently asked questions - Apple Support

Which versions of Windows work with Boot Camp 5.1?

Boot Camp 5.1 supports 64-bit, non-Enterprise versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.0, and Windows 8.1. This version of Boot Camp doesn't support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or any 32-bit version of Windows. Depending on your Mac, you may be able to use an earlier version of Boot Camp to work with other versions of Windows. For details, see the Boot Camp system requirements for Microsoft Windows.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2015 11:14 AM in response to evoelker1234

Are you trying to install Windows XP on your Mac?

From Boot Camp 5.1: Frequently asked questions - Apple Support

Which versions of Windows work with Boot Camp 5.1?

Boot Camp 5.1 supports 64-bit, non-Enterprise versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.0, and Windows 8.1. This version of Boot Camp doesn't support Windows XP, Windows Vista, or any 32-bit version of Windows. Depending on your Mac, you may be able to use an earlier version of Boot Camp to work with other versions of Windows. For details, see the Boot Camp system requirements for Microsoft Windows.

Apr 3, 2015 11:36 AM in response to evoelker1234

You have an option. OS X: Installing OS X on an external volume - Apple Support and install a version of OSX (Snow Leopard) that supports XP. Use the Bootcamp Assistant from this external disk and install XP and drivers as appropriate.

This method will work with Mavericks but not with Yosemite, because of Yosemite's choice of file systems. It can be done, on a disk with Yosemite, but requires a bit more work.

You will also run into driver issues, because XP may not have drivers for the current hardware.

how to boot from windows xp iso image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.