Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nokia N73 and OSX?

I'm very new to all of this bluetooth technology so I was very excited to receive both my bluetooth enabled MacBook and Nokia N73 in the same week!

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that you cant do very much with the Bluetooth! iSync doesn't support the N73. I managed to find a plugin from www.mactomster.de. It now recognises my phone but each time I try to Sync it fails.

On top of this, I can't get Address Book to allow me to make calls or send SMS's via my phone - these options remain grey and unclickable. And I have now idea how to receive calls or SMS's on my MacBook.

Has anyone managed to get any of this to work with an N73 with a MacBook? If so, can you tell me how you did it?

Thanks,
Fearghal

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Oct 16, 2006 9:48 AM

4 replies

Oct 18, 2006 8:46 AM in response to simonjk

Thanks Simon,

Nothing's too basic for me!! I have paired the computer and phone already. I have tried pressing that bluetooth button in Address Book. It brings up a window which asks me to enter passcode to pair the devices and nothing happens after that. The box asking for the code vanishes and nothing comes up on the phone. After this I still can't call or send SMS's.

?
Fearghal

Fearghal,
Sorry if this is too basic but regarding the SMS and
dialing with your N73 have you clicked the bluetooth
button in the Address Book toolbar? It should take on
a blue glow effect
Also my nokia6230i will only sync if its at the
wallpaper screen ie with the service provider logo
showing.
Simon

Nokia N73 and OSX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.