Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest Server Update CAN'T COPY TO SERVER FOLDERS Error Code -36

I've recently upgraded to the latest OS on my Mac Mini Server...which required an upgrade to the latest Mac Server. I have to say that it's been nothing but frustrations.

Of all of them, one of the most lingering is issues with copying files to the server from a user's desktop Mac. Namely, mine, the administrator with open permissions as wide as they allow.

Every time I drag a file over I get this:

User uploaded file

That's when I copy one file. Now, the copy fully works but this happens regardless.

Worse, when I copy over multiple files I get this error as well and only the top file in the copy-from folder gets successfully copied. In short, I have no way to copy over multiple files. It's requiring me to drag each one and then clear out the error message, which frankly is not possible given I often need to copy hundreds of files from desktop to server.

PLEASE, some one help.

Best,
Seth

P.S. Some of the other issues in the "upgrade" to this server have been complete folders providing very different folder content and permissions. I've had to complete remove share points on the server and drag over all content and share the new location. I've also had to delete and rebuild users and groups for the entire server. What a waste of time.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 3:34 PM

1 reply

Latest Server Update CAN'T COPY TO SERVER FOLDERS Error Code -36

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.