Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I view an enhanced podcast?

I listen to Amateur Traveller and it is an enhanced podcast where I used to see picture content when I played it on my iPhone. How do I view enhanced podcasts with the new app?

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 4:33 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 11:32 AM in response to pam_smiles

I don't think you can anymore. Or at least, not easily. I just published my 11th episode of an enhanced podcast. Simultaneously, I updated the OS on my woefully outdated Iphone. This gave me the latest Podcast app update. As a result, I only see the Episode art and the first chapter art. After that, there are no other images shown even though my chapters are listed in the "Chapter" menu in the app. At first I thought I exported my episode incorrectly, but then I tried an older episode and had the same results. After some research, it appears that Apple has basically pulled its support for enhanced podcasts. This is evident by the fact that their latest updates of Garage Band have omitted podcast tools altogether. If you download the podcast episode into Itunes (on your laptop/desktop), you can still access the enhanced version. This is also true if you download the episode in Safari. But that doesn't make for convenient listening/watching on the go.

Sadly, the days of enhanced podcasts seem to be numbered. I'd love to hear what other enhanced podcast creators/listeners are experiencing with the lack of support for "enhanced" podcasting.

How do I view an enhanced podcast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.