Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are these iPhone cables from pound land (UK) safe to use to charge my phone?

Okay so as anyone who has been to these pound shops will probably have noticed there are cheap USB cables used to charge/sync your phone.

Are they safe to use? I have read so many stories of fires and injuries from counterfeit chargers but is that because of badly made fake chargers or the cables?

On the note of fake chargers I am in the possession of a charger made by a company called Gear4. Is the Gear4 safe to use? They seemed rather reputable.

All these things were bought in the UK so they must have passed some kind of certification or they wouldn't be on sale right?

Do apple offer a sturdy less likely to break cable that i won't kill in 6-10 weeks?

Sorry if this is too many question for one post feel free just to answer the main one but if you have info on the others it would be great if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Tesla

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 5:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 9:54 AM

Your choice

You get what you pay for and frankly no-one knows what quality these items are made to but at 99p or £1 I can guess and if you believe everything you buy meets the UK / EU regulations forget it

If Apple have approved a product it should have Made for iPhone /iPod / iPad

one sure way is if Apple sells it or a brand on the Apple UK online store then it is OK

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2015 9:54 AM in response to TeslaBolt

Your choice

You get what you pay for and frankly no-one knows what quality these items are made to but at 99p or £1 I can guess and if you believe everything you buy meets the UK / EU regulations forget it

If Apple have approved a product it should have Made for iPhone /iPod / iPad

one sure way is if Apple sells it or a brand on the Apple UK online store then it is OK

Are these iPhone cables from pound land (UK) safe to use to charge my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.