Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hebrew with Itunes 7 on Ipod

I had Itunes 6 and when i updated with itunes 7, i found out that i cant update Hebrew. So now i get blank spaces instead of the name of the song. Does anyone know how i can get hebrew back on my Ipod?

Intel pentium 4 Windows XP Pro Ipod 5G 30GB

Posted on Oct 16, 2006 2:57 PM

8 replies

Oct 16, 2006 7:34 PM in response to Nitzan M

Does
anyone know how i can get hebrew back on my
Ipod?

The iPod does not support Hebrew unless you have added some third party hack. So best to ask to the source of whatever you used.

Or did you actually mean to say you are getting spaces in iTunes? If so, that would normally mean you have somehow lost Hebrew support in your OS and need to reactivate it.

Nov 4, 2006 8:46 AM in response to Nitzan M

I called Yeda a week or two ago, and they said they would have an update "soon". Their website http://www.yeda.co.il/iPodHE/index.html says that they have taken down their software download in order to make it work with iTunes 7 and make other changes. Also, it says that more information will be forthcoming.

I haven't looked though all the postings on this topic, but has Apple had anything to say about what it would take to get them to support Hebrew on their iPods? Good grief! Had I known there was no Hebrew support when I had bought my iPod, I certainly wouldn't have bought my iPod.

Other OS

Other OS

Other OS

Other OS

Nov 4, 2006 9:50 AM in response to Shuli The Dog

I haven't looked though all the postings on this
topic, but has Apple had anything to say about what
it would take to get them to support Hebrew on their
iPods?

No, they never comment on such things.

Good grief! Had I known there was no Hebrew
support when I had bought my iPod, I certainly
wouldn't have bought my iPod.

The language capabilities for Apple products like this are always listed in the tech specs:

http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html

It might be useful for others if you would provide the name of the competing product you would have bought that does support Hebrew.

Jan 3, 2007 11:50 AM in response to ronita

I went onto Yeda's site but don't see where you can
download hebrew support for the IPOD.

Because it is not yet available. Whether what they are planning to offer will work with Windows I don't know -- Yeda is a Mac seller.

The hebrew cds download into my ITunes
Library but when synched to the IPOD, the names of
the songs are blank in the playlist although they
will play.

That is normal. The iPod does not support Hebrew out of the box. You can tell this by reading the tech specs for the product.

Jan 3, 2007 1:09 PM in response to ronita

I e-mailed Yeda yesterday and got a reply today that they expect to have it ready this week. Don't know what it's worth.
They used to have a firmware update you could run from Windows. I had it working, but after my last IPod crash I couldn't get it to work anymore. So, I hope the next one will be better and will install.

Hebrew with Itunes 7 on Ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.