Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find Serial Number for iPhone 6 That Won't Turn On?

iPhone 6 water damaged. Won't turn on. Cannot connect to iTunes. Original box was thrown away.

Serial number not on little SD card tray. Serial number not on back of iPhone 6 -- only FCC ID, IC and IMEI.

Bought phone from Verizon Wireless. They claim they don't have the serial number.

Verizon Wireless has no refurbished models to buy. So I thought I'd take the damaged iPhone 6 to my local Genius Bar. But I can't make an appointment without first registering my iPhone 6. And to do that I need a serial number.

So how do I get the serial number? Note that the article entitled "Find the serial number and other information for your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch" does not provide an answer to this question.

Thank you.

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 12:21 AM

Did you ever back up your phone using iTunes on your computer?

If you can use iTunes on your computer but don't have your device:

1. Go to iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (PC).
  2. Click the Devices tab.
  3. Hold your mouse over a backup to display the serial number for that device. You'll also see the IMEI/MEID and CDN for your iPhone or iPad (cellular model).
    User uploaded file
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2015 12:21 AM in response to markgrant

Did you ever back up your phone using iTunes on your computer?

If you can use iTunes on your computer but don't have your device:

1. Go to iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (PC).
  2. Click the Devices tab.
  3. Hold your mouse over a backup to display the serial number for that device. You'll also see the IMEI/MEID and CDN for your iPhone or iPad (cellular model).
    User uploaded file

Find Serial Number for iPhone 6 That Won't Turn On?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.