Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote : help exporting presentation containing audio builds

Hi,

I have created a presentation (music quiz) that uses the keynote build functionality. Each slide contains a audio build attached with the duration of the build driving how long the audio lasts (intro quiz).

All works well in keynote.

The file is quite big, well 90mb so not great for distribution, plus want the quiz to run on all software. Therefore, i have chosen to export to DVD.

When I tried to export to idvd(which took ages) I lose the duration settings, that is, each slide now lasts the entire time of the audio (not quite an intro quiz anymore).

any suggestions?

Thanks

powerbook, Mac OS X (10.4.2)

Posted on Oct 17, 2006 11:56 AM

4 replies

Oct 18, 2006 4:32 AM in response to keithraw

If you're trying to do anything beyond just a straight-forward presentation, you will find that what works in Keynote doesn't work when exported to these other formats. I know people are used to being able to do really interactive (ie, Jeopardy, etc) things with PowerPoint, but, in every case, they're being played back using PowerPoint as well.

In order to do what you're trying to do and have it play everywhere, you're going to have to invest in more pricey software that can accomplish these things, perhaps something like DVD Studio Pro.

Oct 18, 2006 5:23 AM in response to Kyn Drake

Thanks,

This is just some fun to reward my colleagues in work, so I don't think i'll be investing more cash (the cheesy prizes are enough).

As you say, it can be done on powerpoint, I may see if I can recreate it. I use microsoft products in work but Mac for personal.

I thought the mac stuff would have been the superior product, so im a little disappointed.

last resort is hooking up my laptop in work to run it direct from keynote.

Thanks for the response.

Oct 18, 2006 8:57 AM in response to keithraw

Remember, PowerPoint only works because most every business Windows computer out there has PowerPoint. Go to a computer that doesn't have PowerPoint and you'll still be in the same position as if you go to a computer that doesn't have Keynote. You'll have to make some rather extreme compromises and will eventually have to settle for something far less than actually presenting in the program, say, a series of .jpg images.

PowerPoint doesn't even do DVD's, so that's not an option.

Keynote : help exporting presentation containing audio builds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.