Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sync not writing files

Hi,

I'm running a mobile account with PHD and have Home Sync set to sync every 30 minutes.

I have noticed that at some point in the last couple of months, the Home Sync appears to be working, but isn't - as newer files stored locally are not reflected in the server Home directory.

I've looked in Mirroragent.log and notice that the sync agent is picking up what needs to happen, but isn't actually doing the sync. Below is an excerpt from the log file. I notice that missing from each line is the "OKAY" between the "0" and "MODIFIED". When I have viewed another users machine with same settings (and working), the "OKAY" is present. There is also an error message present in the log (see below).

I have tried deleting ~/Library/Mirrors/* and all I get now is a continually message saying "There are 100015 synchronisation conflicts" (which I expected). I chose the option to "always resolve using the file on this computer" which makes the message go away until next sync.

I've tried manual sync with identical results.

Any help would be appreciated, as my current data is not being backed up.

Log file excerpt:
0 MODIFY --> Pictures/iPhoto Library/Thumb32.data
0 MODIFY --> Pictures/iPhoto Library/Thumb64.data
0 MODIFY --> Pictures/iPhoto Library/ThumbJPG.data
0 MODIFY --> Pictures/iPhoto Library/iPhoto.db
0 MODIFY --> Pictures/iPhoto Library/iPhoto.ipspot

I also get this error ....
____
Wed Oct 18 12:08:16 2006: /SourceCache/MirrorAgent-99.9.3/FileSync-99.9.3/Agent/Engine/SyncJob.m,821 err -120 (-[SyncFileInfo reverifyFileOrFolderNode])
Wed Oct 18 12:08:16 2006: /SourceCache/MirrorAgent-99.9.3/FileSync-99.9.3/Agent/Engine/SyncJob.m,653 _error -120 (-[SyncJob(private) reverify])
-reverify failed (-120) for object "Contents":
* Re-verification failed for "Contents" (-120) *
-120 FAIL ADDED (dir) <-- Documents/Widgets/Analog Clock.widget/Contents/
Scheduling "HomeSync_Mirror" for next update at Wed Oct 18 12:38:20 2006
Wed Oct 18 12:08:17.840 2006 * Done syncing "HomeSync_Mirror"
Elapsed time: 00:54.872
Command thread terminating.
________

PowerBook G4 15' Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Oct 17, 2006 7:11 PM

2 replies

Dec 18, 2006 12:29 AM in response to `Maverick

Hello there,

I'm having the same problem here,
tried deleting ~/Library/Mirrors/*,
tried changing/resetting to "me":wheel the user/group of the files on the client AND on the server,
tried changing the permissions to 775,
tried a "touch" on every file
tried a chflags -R nouchg

all of these amounts to the more files are touched on the server, the more conflicts occur.

The weird thing is that files ARE synchronized both ways correctly,
I just keep getting a Synchronization conflict on EVERY file (59014 files) at every background sync...

Any help here ?

Dec 18, 2006 2:50 AM in response to Astroboy from Mindblaze

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer, but you can enable more detailed loggin with:

defaults write com.apple.MirrorAgent debugOutput 1

or for even more info:

defaults write com.apple.MirrorAgent debugOutput 2

Info courtesy of http://managingosx.wordpress.com/2006/09/15/debugging-portable-home-directories- synchronization/

MacBook Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Home Sync not writing files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.