Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac ISP failure.

Snice the latest Yosemite update I am experiencing ISP failure On my 2014 iMac. Repaire with diagnostics but fails again. My iPad and phone are working fine. Router working fine. Help?

iMac

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 9:07 AM

8 replies

Apr 5, 2015 8:09 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for ypur prompt reply. My iMac is a 16GB late 2013. Using Wi Fi and router is NETGEAR. running current version OS X Yosemite 10.10.2. My problem since upgrade to Yosemite is as follows. When I switch on the computor I have a Wi Fi signal. When I try to open a web page nothing happens. I then open the Network in System Preference. Network name is displayed. click on assist me, then Diagnostics. Under Network Status I have a green dot in front of Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Settings and Network Setting. I also have a red dot and failed in front of ISP, Internet and Server. Continue with the Diagnostics procedure and everything shows up green. Once I go back to open a web page fault reoccurs straight away. There are two IPads and two iPhones running on the same router and we have no problems. I have removed and reattached the Neatgear Network but this has not helped.

Regards Stopey.

iMac ISP failure.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.