Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring albums from older iPod to newer Mini Mac

How can I transfer some albums from my wife’s old iPod 20 GB model A1059 to our newer Mini Mac. Most of the older albums were transfered to the new computer, but somehow I must have deleted many of the albums, which are still on the old iPod. How do I transfer those albums? I don’t want to mess up what I currently have in my iTunes. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 10:57 AM

3 replies

Apr 7, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Vince1942

Hhi there Vince1942,

It sounds like you have media on your iPod that you want to transfer to your Mac mini. You can use this article to transfer your iTunes Store purchases over:

Re-download or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer

Keep this in mind for media from other sources:

​​This feature works only for content bought from the iTunes Store. Any items that you imported from audio CDs or received from other sources won't copy from your device to the iTunes library. However, all podcasts from your device's Podcasts app and copies of all PDFs and books from your device's iBooks app will transfer to the computer. Learn how to transfer media to your iTunes library.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Transferring albums from older iPod to newer Mini Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.