Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I rented a movie from iTunes store and downloaded it on my Mac. It does not appear on my iPad. iCloud is on.

Why isn't a movie I rented on Mac from iTunes not appearing on my iPad.

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 12:45 PM

Rented movies can only be on a single device at a time.

A Movie rented on a Computer will not appear on an iOs device unless it is physically transferred to it. Once its transferred to the iOS device, it will disappear from the computer.

A Movie rented on an iOS device or Apple Tv can only be watched on the iOs device or Apple Tv that rented it, and cannot be transferred to another device.

About renting movies from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 4, 2015 12:45 PM in response to jonifromwestminster

Rented movies can only be on a single device at a time.

A Movie rented on a Computer will not appear on an iOs device unless it is physically transferred to it. Once its transferred to the iOS device, it will disappear from the computer.

A Movie rented on an iOS device or Apple Tv can only be watched on the iOs device or Apple Tv that rented it, and cannot be transferred to another device.

About renting movies from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

May 6, 2016 7:12 AM in response to Mark and Montse

If it was successfully moved to the iPad, it should be in the Videos app. In a tab titled Rentals.

If you are not getting a "Rentals" menu option in the iPad Videos App, make sure the transfer wad complete from iTunes, and reset the iPad by holding down the home and power/sleep buttons together for 10 or 15 seconds or until the Apple Logo appears on screen. Let the iPad Reboot.

I rented a movie from iTunes store and downloaded it on my Mac. It does not appear on my iPad. iCloud is on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.