Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i try to open iphoto I get a message saying its time machine version and that I cannot open it. How do i recover iphoto??

When I try to open i-photo I get the following message. The iPhoto library is a Time Machine backup, and so cannot be used as the main library. Reopen iPhoto with the Option key held down to choose another library.

When i try to reopen as suggested I do not get any option to choose another library. How do i recover iphoto??

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 1:37 PM

You have to restore the iPhoto Library from the Time Machine backup as a regular library. Then open the the restored library in iPhoto to extract the photos you want, see this help document:

iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later)

3 replies

When i try to open iphoto I get a message saying its time machine version and that I cannot open it. How do i recover iphoto??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.