Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've received several emails supposedly from Apple saying my id is about to expire but it all looks a bit dodgy like someones trying to hack me ???

today I received several emails " supposedly"from Apple sayimg my id was about to expire in 48 hrs so I had to renew it but it all looked a bit dodgy and I now get the feeling someones trying to hack my account or get my details from me ???

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 3:13 PM

7 replies

Apr 4, 2015 3:15 PM in response to reo1906

Exactly. They are trying to get you to enter your login details and possibly credit card number into their site. Real emails from Apple will always adress you by name and will come from the apple.com domain. If you hover the mouse over the link (don't click on it) you will certainly see it is not an Apple URL.

This sort of thing is very common; never follow them up. If you want to you can report it to Apple by sending it as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com . Then just delete and forget.

I've received several emails supposedly from Apple saying my id is about to expire but it all looks a bit dodgy like someones trying to hack me ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.