Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP with iphoto on Mac and iPhone 6 and Apple Watch

I just got done naming my iPhoto Events and I tried to put all the events on iCloud but this message came up in this pic so how do I share those events to myself or how do I get them on to my iCloud photos? So can I have all my event pictures on my iCloud Photos or on my iPhone and iPad? Because when I get my Apple Watch I want to be able to change to a different picture. Is there a way I can do that? Thanks

MacBook (13-inch Late 2006), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iphone 6 IOS 8.2 Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 8:04 PM

7 replies

Apr 5, 2015 9:04 AM in response to Yer_Man

Ok thanks but really what i'm asking is I just got done naming my iPhoto Events and I tried to put all the events or photos on iCloud in iPhoto but this message came up in this pic so how do I share those events to myself or how do I get them on to my iCloud photos? So can I have all my event pictures on my iCloud Photos or on my iPhone and iPad? here are the 2 messages came up I hope that makes sense and when i mean iCloud i mean iCloud in the picture on the left side under shared thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Apr 5, 2015 9:12 AM in response to Sparychess

Were any of the image files created with a 3rd party image editor that used its own extension, like Photoshop Elements and .psd? If to then that may be one of the files that were not the correct format for the Shared Photo Stream.

Or you have a photo that is too large but that is more unlikely than the wrong format.

Go ahead and upload the remains files to the photo stream and then compare what was uploaded with what was supposed to be uploaded and see if you can find the culprits. The count total in the PS vs the count in the Event will tell you how many files were left behind.

User uploaded file

Apr 6, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Sparychess

1 - recreate the Shared Photo Stream (SSP) and ignore the warning about the format and/or size.

2 - view the SSP online with your browser.

3 - compare the number of photos in the SSP with the number in the album used to create the SSP. That will tell you how many are affected.

4 - compare the online SSP with what you see in the iPhoto album to try to determine which photos are missing from the SSP. Those will be the ones to check to see why they aren't compatible.

Apr 6, 2015 11:21 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you for that but one question what is the (SSP) on number one?

1 - recreate the Shared Photo Stream (SSP) and ignore the warning about the format and/or size.

2 - view the SSP online with your browser.

3 - compare the number of photos in the SSP with the number in the album used to create the SSP. That will tell you how many are affected.

4 - compare the online SSP with what you see in the iPhoto album to try to determine which photos are missing from the SSP. Those will be the ones to check to see why they aren't compatible.

HELP with iphoto on Mac and iPhone 6 and Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.