Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari keeps crashing on my iPhone 6 plus 128GB

safari keeps crashing on my iPhone 6 plus 128GB. Its done this since I bought it in Nov 2014. I've rebooted, soft reboot. Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 6:37 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2015 11:50 AM in response to purpleoz

Hi purpleoz,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that Safari on your iPhone is not functioning as you would expect. In this situation, there are a few different steps I would recommend.

First, I would recommend clearing your history and website data as described in the attached article.

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

After the data has been cleared, I would recommend closing Safari completely as described in the next attached article.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After Safari has been closed, reset your iPhone again. After the reset, open Safari fresh and use it as you normally would. If the issue continues, please let me know.

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

May 18, 2015 7:45 AM in response to purpleoz

Hi, have just had this same problem and been trying out different things.

Eventually what worked was going into the iCloud settings on the iPhone 6 Settings,

and unticking Safari. It asks whether to delete data or not, you say, yes.

Come out and reload safari, and presto, it works.

You can leave safari untucked in the iCloud. It means you won't be getting handover data from your, say macbook or iPad on the iPhone and vice versa, such as webpages and favourites, but it's not a huge issue. I suspect iCloud had some corrupt data somewhere there, or it's just bugs.... Who cares? The nice advisor on the Apple Chat helped me pinpoint the issue as he guided me through the process, after I had done countless restores from backup and as new.

Give it a go?

Thanks

D.

safari keeps crashing on my iPhone 6 plus 128GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.