Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV vs. YouTube

Earlier today, I tried to view videos from my YouTube channel using my Apple TV. This had worked flawlessly before. I went to watch my videos, and discovered that I wasn't logged in to YouTube, so I tried to login to YouTube. I thought I was using the correct credentials, but I kept getting the dreaded "This account cannot be used with Apple TV" error message. I double checked my login/pass, and I was using the correct ones.

No dice.

I made sure I was using a Google+ Channel for my content (I am)

Checked for available software updates (there were, and I installed them)

Double checked my login/pass, tried some other login/pass combinations

Enabled 2-factor authentication on YouTube, and authenticated

Searched both here and elsewhere on the web for answers. Folks were recommending setting up an Application Specific Password. Tried that twice.

Tried disabling 2-factor authentication

Tried revoking both of the ASPs

Tried to login again using login/pass instead of ASPs.

No dice.

What am I missing?

Apple TV 2nd Gen

Software v6.2.1

Airport Extreme v7.6.4

Comcast/Xfinity broadband

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

AppleTV 2, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 4, 2015 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:49 PM

Hey, same problem here. You may already have found the answer to your question, if you haven't, then let me break the bad news to you.... Have a read of the article below, but in brief, ATV 2nd Gen have lost support. There is NO way to view YouTube on these devices any more.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/04/21/youtube-support-iphones-ipads -apple-tv/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 3:49 PM in response to James L. Johnson Jr.

Hey, same problem here. You may already have found the answer to your question, if you haven't, then let me break the bad news to you.... Have a read of the article below, but in brief, ATV 2nd Gen have lost support. There is NO way to view YouTube on these devices any more.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/04/21/youtube-support-iphones-ipads -apple-tv/

Apple TV vs. YouTube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.