Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain password being overwritten- "Ha2S+eOKqmzA6nrlmTeh7w=="

I am happily using keychain on many websites. I wanted to set it up to work on my router(s) to have fast access to them.

However, when I use the AutoGenerate Password function to generate a key "***-***-***-***" this works for a few minutes then stops working.

When I open up Keychain access and show password it has CHANGED from the original apple suggested one and now shows "Ha2S+eOKqmzA6nrlmTeh7w==" which does not work, is not the original one and is not the suggested one in the 'apple' format.

This is only happening on the router access page which I am now locked out of and I will need to completely reset and configure from scratch.

Does anyone know how or why this one password is being corrupted on my mac?

Using OS yosemite 10.10.2 Mac Pro 13.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 5, 2015 12:58 AM

4 replies

Apr 5, 2015 8:50 AM in response to McJagger

Select

Keychain Access Keychain First Aid

from the menu bar and repair the keychain. Quit Keychain Access.

If you use iCloud Keychain, open the iCloud preference pane and uncheck the Keychain box. You'll be prompted to delete the local iCloud keychain. Confirm. Then re-check the box. Follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set up iCloud Keychain on an additional device.

Apr 6, 2015 1:43 AM in response to Linc Davis

Linc

Thanks for your quick response.

I followed the steps suggested. Repair found nothing wrong. Removed and added keychain to both Macbook and iPhone6+. Still showing the crazy password ""Ha2S+eOKqmzA6nrlmTeh7w==" (which does not work, and neither does the default admin admin) instead of the apple format one I chose and which worked briefly. So it must be in there somewhere!

I am thinking it relates to the modem firmware which might not 'take' safari entered password changes/caching. This is the only website or password I have this problem but it is the 'modem admin change password sign in' page which may have hacker protection. Seems unlikely that Keychain would have something allowing 'blow-back' of a different password. Maybe it is encryption or decryption of the actual password..? The nonsense looks a bit like a keychain password with some extra characters.. H2S OKA 6IT 7 but that's clutching at straws...

Thanks for your help,

DH

Keychain password being overwritten- "Ha2S+eOKqmzA6nrlmTeh7w=="

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.