Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP freezes in 'Log and Transfer'

While I am importing clips using 'Log and Transfer', FCP will freeze when either of these two things happen:

- computer goes to sleep (to go around this, I have been increasing time in the energy server to at least 3 hours which I believe is unhealthy to my computer).

- when I minimize FCP to open another program.

I will appreciate any help I can get to solve this issue.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Apr 5, 2015 3:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2015 9:06 AM

I've explained how to delete your preference files on your other thread. This may help with the freezing issue.

Regarding "energy saver"

I have all my editing computers set to NEVER sleep and any external hard drives to NEVER spin down. If I am going away for a long period of time and there is no productive work for them, I'll turn the system off.

Otherwise, I'll just turn the screen off and let the hard drives spin. They are designed for hundreds of thousands of hours of steady use. Spinning them down and back up puts more stress on them than just letting them run.

x

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2015 9:06 AM in response to PPLIFE

I've explained how to delete your preference files on your other thread. This may help with the freezing issue.

Regarding "energy saver"

I have all my editing computers set to NEVER sleep and any external hard drives to NEVER spin down. If I am going away for a long period of time and there is no productive work for them, I'll turn the system off.

Otherwise, I'll just turn the screen off and let the hard drives spin. They are designed for hundreds of thousands of hours of steady use. Spinning them down and back up puts more stress on them than just letting them run.

x

FCP freezes in 'Log and Transfer'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.