Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I 'home share' without Home Sharing??

I used to use Home Sharing so that my MacBook Air in another part of the house could access, import photos from my iMac iPhoto library (my main iPhoto library).

Home Sharing no longer is an option.

Until I eventually get around to Yosemite and "Photos" or whatever Apple has now come up with in the name of "improving" (read: "confusing") things, HOW can I IMPORT or view photos from another computer's library without home sharing to help me out?

Help! I have people visiting in a few hours and a lot of photos to show them, but we can't all stand around a cramped tiny office space watching them on my iMac. I need my MacBook Air to show them but the MBAir can't access them!

iPhoto '11

Posted on Apr 5, 2015 10:57 AM

6 replies

how do I 'home share' without Home Sharing??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.