Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grey dashed circle next to some songs under music on my device

Ok so I've seen many people ask this question but I've tried some things to still no avail. I have 5 songs that show up with the grey dashed circle when I sync my iPhone to iTunes and look under on my device in the music tab. They are all songs I have downloaded straight from iTunes. One I downloaded the single from a cd before it came out then when it came out I deleted the single from my computer and phone and synced the cd to my device now that single is showing up like its trying to sync? The other were singles I downloaded and still had on both the computer and phone that I did not get the full cd for and just had those few songs I downloaded straight from iTunes. The songs are synced and play and everything but there's an extra copy of the songs with the grey dashed circles and I guess it's nothing major but it's just very annoying to me esp since I can't figure it out. So if anyone has any ideas or fixes please let me know.

Thanks

p.s. iPhone 6 with iOS 8.2 and latest version of iTunes

iPhone 6, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 5, 2015 5:31 PM

2 replies

Feb 23, 2017 12:08 PM in response to Wwalker12

I have a 6sPlus. Same problem. The songs download to my phone and play on my phone but won't play on my computer. I have probably 30 or 40 doing it out of 1568 that are on my phone. I've done the remove check from sync and removed the songs then reloaded and its the same. Someone said it has to do with the cloud????? No clue

Grey dashed circle next to some songs under music on my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.