Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp 3.51 freezes during install

Hardware: MacBookPro9.1 mid 2012, 8GB Ram. 1TB brand new Samsung EVO 850 SSD (TRIM enabled),

Software: Boot Camp Asst 3.51, Mac OS 10.9.5 (fresh install when the SSD was set up).

1) Boot into BCA, click all the boxes (Create Install Disc, D/L latest support software, Partition/Install Win7 64bit)

2) Feed it the Win7 64Bit DVD, makes the ISO,

3) Give it an 8GB USB flash drive, software loaded

4) Software downloaded etc.

5) MBP reboots to grey screen - no Apple, no Windows logo, no nothing. Process stops, nothing happens.

6) Disc Utility run, permissions repaired, disc verified OK.

7) Flash drive re-formatted, BootCamp partition erased, process repeated.

8) Same result.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Marco

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Boot Camp Assistant 3.51

Posted on Apr 5, 2015 6:13 PM

7 replies

Apr 6, 2015 9:03 AM in response to Loner T

Yes, BCA 5.1.2 actually. Not sure where I got the version number listed above.

All USB peripherals disconnected except for the memory stick w/the Windows ISO etc on it.

** Found out the "EyeFi Helper" had installed its software on the USB stick after it was formatted. This is a bug in the EyeFi helper software that I have reported but still has not been fixed.

Disabled the EyeFi software, started all over again.

BCA formatted partition with FAT, but I was able to re-format in the Windows installer to complete Windows installation. Got Windows booted and then ran Windows Update for Service Pack 1 etc. and selected reboot and....

Back to the blank, grey screen on rebooting into Windows. No Apple Icon, no Windows icon, no activity.

Boot Camp 3.51 freezes during install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.