Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can recieve mail but I cannot see it

Hi, I have 3 pop accounts setup in mail in one of them all emails are disapeared, i can see the unread counter increasing but i cannot see the new downloaded emails neither the old ones. I was just browsing my emails when this happen.

I can do a "mailbox-rebuild" in other account but not the faulty one (option is greyed)
I tried running cocktail utility but didn't have any effect.
Should i reaply the last update?

any help would be appreciate.
Thanks.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.8), data transfer from PPC to Intel with wizard

Posted on Oct 18, 2006 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2006 3:10 PM

Hi Alfonsmr.

In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Mail/POP-username@mailserver/. With that folder open, do Edit > Select All (⌘A), then Edit > Copy (⌘C), and paste it in your reply to this post to let me see the names of the files and folders it contains.

Note: For those not familiarized with the ~/ notation, it refers to the user's home folder, i.e. ~/Library is the Library folder within the user's home folder.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2006 3:10 PM in response to Alfonsmr

Hi Alfonsmr.

In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Mail/POP-username@mailserver/. With that folder open, do Edit > Select All (⌘A), then Edit > Copy (⌘C), and paste it in your reply to this post to let me see the names of the files and folders it contains.

Note: For those not familiarized with the ~/ notation, it refers to the user's home folder, i.e. ~/Library is the Library folder within the user's home folder.

Oct 25, 2006 4:12 AM in response to Alfonsmr

Quit the Mail.app first and using the Finder go to Home > Library > Mail > this POP account named folder (named by the user name and incoming mail server for the account) - the same account named folder you copied the contents from.

Change the name of the INBOX folder to INBOX.mbox or add the .mbox extension.

Launch Mail and this should resolve the problem.

I can recieve mail but I cannot see it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.