Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air iOS 8.2 Crash boot loop recovery problems

I tried to restore using recovery mode it give error 4013, also tried the same with iMac with my friend again error.

Let me give little more details:

1. After iOS 8.2 upgrade, 2-3 days often 3-4 times a day it used to restart again and again then will get Home screen.

2. Also at times it happened, it boots again and again left the device as it is then it comes to Home screen.

3. Lastly it did the same behavior but it did not boot up, but keep booting again and again apple logo is shown then restart

4. Tried to get into recovery mode, windows PC error 4013, now in the recovery mode.

My Battery was in good condition, when it happened it was ~80% now may be very less did not charge until now.

I read somewhere in the forum keep re-starting manually again and again, someone said since it did not shutdown properly there is a problem, please help.

The device is 1.2 yrs old ONLY.

Best regards

Prabu

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 6:54 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2015 7:22 AM in response to PrabuBLR

Greetings PrabuBLR,

It seems you are experiencing an issue when attempting to restore your iPhone. That does sound troublesome. The following article explains what might be causing that specific error message:

iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014 - Apple Support

When you try to update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you may see one of these messages in iTunes.

You may see one of these messages if the device unexpectedly disconnects during the update or restore or iTunes couldn't tell the device to go to the restore state.

• The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4013).
  • The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4014).

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Make sure your computer is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after you restart.
  4. Restore using another USB cable.
  5. Restore your device on another computer.

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your device, contact Apple for support.

Learn more about other update and restore errors.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

Apr 12, 2015 7:45 AM in response to bobby_d

Thank you for your reply.

I took the device to Apple support for investigation. They tried to restore using Recovery mode and DFU mode both does not work. I was told the connected the device to apple diagnostics application (internal to apple) they are getting 4016 error that is related to Hardware.

The error is specific that charging port is damaged. I can't believe it if charging port is the problem in the 1st phase my iPad adaptor could be damaged but that is not the case.

Can you help please.

Regards

Prabu

iPad Air iOS 8.2 Crash boot loop recovery problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.