Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

find my ipod has been turned off

got an email saying find my ipod has been turned off and have lost my ipod wondering if there is anything that can be done

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 6:54 AM

What model iPod? From that message it appears that you did not have a screen-lock passcode or somebody else knows it. Also they may know your Apple ID and password.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the device and report to police and carrier if iPhone or cellular iPad

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the erase (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 or later on the device. With iOS 7 or later, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 6, 2015 6:54 AM in response to lukefood

What model iPod? From that message it appears that you did not have a screen-lock passcode or somebody else knows it. Also they may know your Apple ID and password.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the device and report to police and carrier if iPhone or cellular iPad

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the erase (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 or later on the device. With iOS 7 or later, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

find my ipod has been turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.