Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message forwarding doesn't work

Hi!

I'm trying to set up message forwarding between iPhone 5S 8.2 and iPad Air 8.2. In iPhone's menu Settings->Messages->Text Message Forwarding I found my iPad, turn on switch, then I fill numbers from iPad screen and press ok, but the switch become disabled again.

On MacBook Air with the same Apple ID forwarding works without problems.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 7:00 AM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2015 7:20 AM in response to Ukruser

Hi Ukruser,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are trying to set up Continuity for SMS and MMS between your iPhone and iPad, but the feature appears to be turning itself off. To ensure that everything is set up correctly before entering the code, please read over the set up instructions located in the attached article.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS with your iPhone and your Mac, iPad or iPod touch

• Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch need to use iOS 8.1, and your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  • Sign in to iMessage on your iPhone, your other iOS devices, and your Mac using the same Apple ID.
  • On your iPhone:
    1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > You Can Be Reached By, and add a check to both your phone number and email address.
    2. Go to Messages > Text Message Forwarding, and enable the device(s) you would like to forward messages to.
  • Your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch will display a code. Enter this code on your iPhone to verify the SMS feature.

Best regards,

Joe

Apr 9, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Ukruser

Hello Ukruser,

To continue troubleshooting, another suggestion I have would be to reset your network settings. Keep in mind, this will sever any bluetooth connections you have set with your devices as well as Wi-Fi networks.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Best,

Joe

Message forwarding doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.