Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Os version 10.5.2 2Z691-6204-A and 2Z691-6195-A

I bought a new Powerbook G4 Aluminum and these Gray install disks were included so I could install Leopard on a new install. However, i get the message that they are not for this computer.

What computer will these disks install to??

What version do i need for my Powerbook??

Thanks a million!!

Steve

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 9:54 AM

5 replies

Apr 7, 2015 6:08 PM in response to Niel

Dear Neil, another question if i might...

I have Powerbooks G4 1.67 and 1.25 aluminums and recently installed a PCMCIA to Expresscard adapter into the cardbus slot. Fits perfectly. I then inserted an Expresscard USB 3.0 adapter into that Pcmcia adapter. I have power to the Expresscard as a USB fan works great when plugged in. However, when I plug a small USB 3.0 Monster SSD into the Expresscard USB 3.0 plug, or a USB 2.0 flash drive, I get no activity on the Monster drive or the flash drive.

goal: I am hoping to get USB 3.0 speed (even partial) or at least USB 2.0 ++ for a small USB 3.0 flash drive or the Monster drive plugged into the USB 3.0 Expresscard port. . Seems I need a driver...?? I tried the available Sonnet driver and the Lacie driver. They seemed to install from the installer, but are specific for Sonnet USB 3.0 cards and their peripherals, I guess. Same with Lacie. And I believe they are designed (despite installing on my PPC) for Intel machines. I then tried the GenericUSBXHCI.kext, but again works with Intel chips. Can you visualize a way to let my Powerbook PPC 'see' the Expresscard and use it?

Thanks a million!

I figured you would know if anyone did...

Steve

Mac Os version 10.5.2 2Z691-6204-A and 2Z691-6195-A

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.