Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 9,1 running Yose 10.10.2/ intel 2Duo/2,93 GHz/early 2009. When the machine is started, the onboard "SuperDrive" don't accept any discs : no blancs, no DVDs, no CDRoms. If you click on "System" you don't find a DVD-Player.

iMac 9,1 running Yose 10.10.2 / intel 2 Duo / 2,93 GHz / early 2009 / 24´´.

When the machine is started, the onboard "SuperDrive" doesn't accept any discs : no blancs, no DVDs, no CDRoms - after some seconds rumpling und crumpling inside, everything is rejected. If clicking on "System" you will not find a DVD-Player. Going on "Programms" you will find the icon for "DVD-Player". With a click on it you will learn that an "initialization fault occurred " and you get a little number ( - 70012 ). When I bought this Mac two days before, everything was well running. The next day at home ... finito, basta !

Its decades ago that I started to work with Apples. My first one was the "Mouses Cinema" , as we called it - but I never had this experience. Is there somebody in this mighty and helpful community who could give me an advice?

Best greetings Peter Flak

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), early 2009

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 12:16 PM

1 reply

iMac 9,1 running Yose 10.10.2/ intel 2Duo/2,93 GHz/early 2009. When the machine is started, the onboard "SuperDrive" don't accept any discs : no blancs, no DVDs, no CDRoms. If you click on "System" you don't find a DVD-Player.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.