Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mobileme/icloud

I can't send emails on my computer I recently bought (used) and did the migration assistant with.

When I check email preferences, my account is mobileme and it doesn't recognize my username/password and can't

access my account.

Am i supposed to move to icloud? If I have icloud for my phone, how do I link my computer email to that icloud account?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 1:56 PM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2015 5:43 AM in response to thejeanmachine

Mobile me finished a long time ago.

You can't create or use an iCloud account from OS X 10.6 but you can use an iCloud mail address in mail on OS X 10.6 and many of the remaining features of iCloud at iCloud.com through your web browser.

If you create an account on your phone you can use the same details to log in at iCloud.com on your computer

Delete your mail account from Mail preferences and set it up again using the Mail Server Information.

Some users have apparently encountered issues using this information in pre-Lion set ups (I haven't), Roger Wilmut has kindly provided instructions for those who find themselves with this problem.

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

mobileme/icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.