Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATV 2 remote doesn't work. No light flashing on ATV2 when control is being used

I've changed the baterry , but still there is no connection between the remote and ATV ! the white light on atv is on when I press any button on remote there is no response! Tryied to pair tryied to reset , there is no blink from the Atv !

thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 12:58 PM

Hi andreifrommiami,

I understand that you are having some issues with your remote and your Apple TV. I have an article for you that will help you troubleshoot this issue:

If you're using the remote with an Apple TV

When you use the Apple Remote with Apple TV, make sure of the following:

• If you’ve paired Apple TV and an Apple Remote, make sure you’re using the paired remote:
    • If you’re using the paired remote and the Apple TV status light flashes white, the problem isn’t with the remote.
    • If you’re using an unpaired remote, the Apple TV status light flashes amber.
  • If you’ve paired Apple TV and an Apple Remote, and you can’t find the paired remote, set Apple TV to work with any remote by pressing and holding the Menu and Previous/Rewind buttons for 6 seconds.
  • Point the remote directly at Apple TV.
  • Make sure the IR receiver on the front of Apple TV isn’t blocked.
  • Another remote may be paired with Apple TV. You may want to unpair the remote and then pair it again.

• If Apple TV displays a picture of a remote and a warning (User uploaded file) symbol, you need to replace the battery in the remote. See "How to replace the Apple Remote battery" for steps to replace the battery.

Troubleshooting the Apple Remote - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204492

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2015 12:58 PM in response to andreifrommiami

Hi andreifrommiami,

I understand that you are having some issues with your remote and your Apple TV. I have an article for you that will help you troubleshoot this issue:

If you're using the remote with an Apple TV

When you use the Apple Remote with Apple TV, make sure of the following:

• If you’ve paired Apple TV and an Apple Remote, make sure you’re using the paired remote:
    • If you’re using the paired remote and the Apple TV status light flashes white, the problem isn’t with the remote.
    • If you’re using an unpaired remote, the Apple TV status light flashes amber.
  • If you’ve paired Apple TV and an Apple Remote, and you can’t find the paired remote, set Apple TV to work with any remote by pressing and holding the Menu and Previous/Rewind buttons for 6 seconds.
  • Point the remote directly at Apple TV.
  • Make sure the IR receiver on the front of Apple TV isn’t blocked.
  • Another remote may be paired with Apple TV. You may want to unpair the remote and then pair it again.

• If Apple TV displays a picture of a remote and a warning (User uploaded file) symbol, you need to replace the battery in the remote. See "How to replace the Apple Remote battery" for steps to replace the battery.

Troubleshooting the Apple Remote - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204492

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

ATV 2 remote doesn't work. No light flashing on ATV2 when control is being used

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.