Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my IBook G4 out of network install mode?

I'm trying to breathe life back into an IBook G4 and I thought by going into network install it would do as the 2012 model did and auto start to reload, was I ever wrong. Now I can't get it to read disks or read the 10.5.6 I installed on the hard drive using the disk utility.

iBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 9:41 PM

Hold alt key or option key at bootup to select startup disk/disc/method. 🙂

3 replies

Apr 6, 2015 9:35 PM in response to atekcomputer

That does not work on such an old computer. Press down the Power button until the computer shuts down and then wait a minute or two. You will need a boot DVD like the one that came with the computer. Insert it into the disc drive. Press the Power button and at the chime hold down the "C" key while gently pushing the DVD into the optical drive until it catches. The computer should begin to boot from the DVD. When it does you will need to select a language. Wait until the screen's menubar appears at the top. From the Utilities folder select Disk Utility. After Disk Utility loads select your indented volume entry from the list on the left, then click on the Erase tab on the right panel. Set the Format type to Mac OS Extended, Journaled then click on the Erase button. When the volume has been erased quit Disk Utility and return to the installer. In the following screen select your Destination volume. Continue until the installation begins.

How do I get my IBook G4 out of network install mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.