Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MIDI Setup Problem

Everytime I open Audio/MIDI Setup and click the "MIDI Devices" tab I get this message:

What do I do?!?! I haven't recently installed any MIDI drivers (don't have any infact).

Please, and offers on help much appreciated as this is really slowing my workflow.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

PowerMac G5 Dual 2Ghz, Mac OS X (10.4.7), 3Gb Ram, 460Gb HD, ATI Radeon 9600 XT

Posted on Oct 19, 2006 6:46 AM

6 replies

Oct 23, 2006 3:47 PM in response to NezihSavaskan

I have major problems with Audio MIDI Setup also. My MIDI device just won't just up even though my computer recognizes that it's connected via a USB port.

Three Apple people haven't been able to help with my issue, not the tech people of my MIDI manufacturer. But Audio MIDI Setup and the MIDI portion in particular on the Mac PRO is out of whack. I too am seeking answers!

Nov 28, 2006 10:22 AM in response to AKohen

I think I have (partly) the same problem as AKohen...My MIDI PLAYS..BUT...
BUT I GET A CONSISTEN LINE OF NOTES THAT RUMBLE!?
Even when I'm not even hitting a key.

Anyone have any clues about this? By way of settings & background:

1. Question: In GB preferences: Audio/MIDI the MIDI status does say there are two (2) MIDI inputs....but as far as the Drop-down Menu above that for Audio Input...the choice of MIDI is not there!?

2. Question: Why does it say: Two (2) MIDI inputs detected when it is just my keyboard going through M-Audio's iControl? When I disconnect my one MIDI connection from M-Audio's iControl than the MIDI status in Preferences says: Zero (0) MIDI's devices connected?

I set (I believe) all my keyboards MIDi settings to turn off reverb.

I downloaded a new driver from Yamaha.

Still no joy.

Dec 4, 2006 8:53 AM in response to Bob Lang1

Bob...thanks for the good advice. Many times now I've heard that's the first thing to try to fix the problem; even from the M-Audio people when I phoned them last week (and they also said to: Correct Permissions).

Well, it turned out my M-Audio iControl was DEFECTIVE! (It was still under warrenty so I sent it back for repair or replacement).

Things I learned: In the Audi MIDI setup...clicking on my iControl icon, with my keyboard on, and when clicking TEST...my Yamaha made a non-stop beeping sound!

For some reasons I never did this right (?) but the M-Audio customer service guy led me through it and when he actually heard the non-stop beeping sound he realized there was a problem.

He also had me download a free software called MIDI Monitor, at: http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/ and following the instructions of the customer service guy the MIDI Monitor started non-stop scrolling and scrolling and when the customer service guy heard that he said: Send it in! And he gave me a Return Authorization Number.

Um...I let this problem linger around too long, really, but since this was my "first MIDI" setting up I just wasn't sure if it was the keyboard/synthesizer computer MIDI settings, or if was my MIDI Audio setup, or was it Garage Band?

Or I keep thinking I needed a MIDI driver but didn't (since the iControl is 'pre-configured').

Anyhow...yippie...it should be back in ten days!

MIDI Setup Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.