Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple LED Cinema Display 24" won't turn on, magsafe cable power coming through just fine - logic board and/or all-in-one cable?

I have a LED Cinema Display 24" (Model A1267) that simply won't turn on, after being stored for around 8-9 months in room temperature in my office, in its original box. The monitor worked just fine before that and was used on a daily basis for at least 4-5 hours, purchased in 2009 and still in an excellent condition (like new).

I connected the monitor to multiple Macs and it simply won't turn on. However the weird thing is that power comes through just fine from the magsafe cable to my laptop (MBP 15" latest).

I did not try any PMC resets because I doubt that would help. Furthermore, if I connect a USB flash drive to one of the 3 ports in the back of the monitor, the drive won't show up in the OS. When I connect the power cable to the monitor, I don't hear any spinning fan, however I do sense a slight smell of something burnt. Additionally, when I connect the monitor on my laptop, there is no brief display on/off in the laptop's monitor.

I see that there are essentially 3 main components for this monitor that could be affected: logic board, power supply, all-in-one cable. I assume that by the fact that there is power on the magsafe cable, it is probably not a power issue (the monitor was always connected to an APC multi outlet surge protector). I can also assume that since the all-one-cable is partially working (providing power through the magsafe connector), it's probably not an issue with it as well. Since I can't measure voltage on the logic board per Apple's technical manual (I can easily disassemble the device, but I don't have the tools to do the job of a technician), should I simply go for the logic board (P/N 661-4823), or could it also be a partial problem with the all-one-cable (P/N 922-8679) as well?

Let me clarify that I (unsuccessfully) tried to send the monitor to my country's primary distributor of Apple products, but I kinda hit a wall (probably too busy fixing iPhones). However I can order the parts from the UK.

Any help from experience is appreciated.

Apple LED Cinema Display 24"

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 5:43 PM

There are no replies.

Apple LED Cinema Display 24" won't turn on, magsafe cable power coming through just fine - logic board and/or all-in-one cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.