Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Last Played not working in iTunes on Macbook

I've seen some posts about songs' Last Played date in iOS 8 is too high. But Last Played is not updating on my Macbook Air when I play songs in iTunes 12.1.0.50.

Is Apple going to fix this, or is there a fix?

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 8:55 PM

3 replies

Apr 7, 2015 5:35 PM in response to Chris Milligan

Sadly, this has been an on-and-off again issue for iTunes for at least 2 years (probably more but I've had it for that long). Apple seems not to care since it's never been addressed or corrected.
It also is a bit random - sometimes it updates in full, sometimes only a few songs played update and others nothing's updated. It doesn't even tie to purchase-type since you get both iTunes purchased songs both updating and not as well as CD burned songs or songs imported from another source.

And, as I noted, since Apple in no way seems to care.. easily seen if you search and see the vast number of threads on this over the years without Apple response, it'll keep on happening.

Apr 21, 2015 4:26 PM in response to Chris Milligan

Chris,

This again happened to me for a couple of week and all of a sudden my phone decided to go through the 'Trust This Computer' question... and once I clicked 'Yes' it started to remember my last played song.

So... that may be the issue - you, somehow, need to go through that 'Trust This Computer' cycle. Not sure how to force it to do so but someone / somewhere in this discussion board must have the answer

Last Played not working in iTunes on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.