Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best all in one printer for my MacBook Air?

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 6, 2015 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 5:19 AM

We have a Canon MF4400. It's been working well and got good reviews and was nicely priced when I bought it.

I'm also having your post moved to the MBA forum. It's more active.

2 replies

Apr 7, 2015 6:58 AM in response to ritafromconcord

Nearly all "all-in-one" or multifunction devices will work with a Mac, but I recommend purchasing one from a company that visibly supports OS X. Brother, Canon, and Epson are all good choices.

Wireless all-in-one devices are convenient and cost about the same as USB-only ones. Consider AirPrint compatibility for future needs.

Recently I have grown to favor Brother printers over the others. I recommend AirPrint compatible Brother printers and multifunction devices over those of other manufacturers. They are inexpensive, their OS X integration is well-implemented, their consumables are reasonably priced, and their technical support is free forever. If you need to call them and explain that you have a Mac, you will immediately receive competent assistance.

I have grown to dislike HP, for all the above reasons.

Read user reviews from vendor websites - Amazon is a good place to start, since Amazon lets people write almost anything they want... right, wrong, or completely idiotic.

Read the reviews on the respective manufacturers' websites as well, but consider the likelihood of them deleting negative reviews.

Process all those user reviews employing your own common sense, and draw your own conclusions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.