Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to iMovie

I get error message "cannot connect to iMovie theatre please try later". All other features on AppleTV work fine. I have signed out and back in to iCloud, restarted AppleTV But to no avail. Problem keeps happening. Was working fine until 2 weeks ago. I am approach my limit of iCloud storage and was going to purchase more but now I'm not convinced as this problem prevents me viewing home movies on our big screen via AppleTV.

Message was edited by: cwatkins6

Apple TV, null

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 7:28 AM

11 replies

Apr 7, 2015 7:32 AM in response to cwatkins6

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  2. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  3. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  4. Reset the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings)
  5. Restore the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Restore)

May 2, 2015 1:43 AM in response to paulfromblenheim

Thanks for the tip. I deleted all my movies from i-cloud, re-added 2 and hey presto it worked. Unfortunately when I re-added my entire collection of 40+ movies the problem recurred so now I am back to square one. All content was generated in iMovie so this may be some capacity related timeout issue on the AppleTV. Does anyone from Apple monitor these communities?

Apr 29, 2016 11:48 PM in response to cwatkins6

Same problem here in France with Apple TV 4th gen And iMovie theater app. I get the message that there might be a problem with my iCloud account or connection... i called Apple but they weren't able to give me a clear answer. A matter of number of films exceeded... But I only have about 20 movies on Icloud. It is so frustrating to see that Apple visibly don't give a dam s---t of their proper apps. 😠😠

Cannot connect to iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.