Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete all photos from my iPad?

How do I delete all photos from my iPad? It appears that I have to sync the iPad first. But I can't sync because there is not enough memory due to there being too many photos. Catch 22!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 2:27 AM

If the photos were synced to the iPad, the only way to remove them is to sync an empyy folder in the Sync Photos From drop down menu of the photos tab in iTiunes or to uncheck the Sync photos box and follow that with a sync. If you don't have enough room to sync, you have to delete any other content to make the room so that you can complete the sync. Start deleting videos or TV shows, which are the biggest storage hogs, and then download them again after you can remove the photos when you sync.

If you store those items in iTunes, just sync the, back again. If you have no videos or TV shows, you will have to delete apps, music, books or anything else that you can, in order to make room.

So it's not really a Catch-22, you can delete anything in order to make room. It just involves more work than simply deleting photos in one step.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2015 2:27 AM in response to Tower Of Song

If the photos were synced to the iPad, the only way to remove them is to sync an empyy folder in the Sync Photos From drop down menu of the photos tab in iTiunes or to uncheck the Sync photos box and follow that with a sync. If you don't have enough room to sync, you have to delete any other content to make the room so that you can complete the sync. Start deleting videos or TV shows, which are the biggest storage hogs, and then download them again after you can remove the photos when you sync.

If you store those items in iTunes, just sync the, back again. If you have no videos or TV shows, you will have to delete apps, music, books or anything else that you can, in order to make room.

So it's not really a Catch-22, you can delete anything in order to make room. It just involves more work than simply deleting photos in one step.

How do I delete all photos from my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.