Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the front camera not working when using the new version of snapchat

PLeaSe help

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 8:13 AM

12 replies

Apr 7, 2015 1:47 PM in response to deggie

I agree with deggie - Try reinstalling it. Sometimes apps may not have downloaded the right amount of code for the new app and therefore made it have this glitch. If all else fails contact SnapChat; however they may say that as it isn't meant to be on that plat form, there is nothing they can do.

But wouldn't hurt to ask.

Good luck 🙂

Apr 7, 2015 1:59 PM in response to mwallis1997

HHey Wallis! I've tried everything from deleting the app reinstalling (I'd say 10x or so lol) and yes I contacted them too!! And they emailed me saying they might not be able to get back to me which I find quite ridicolous ... See I wouldn't be using my ipad if I didn't lost my phone this is just temporary do you know anyways to downgrade this new version so I can finally takes selfies?!

Apr 7, 2015 3:05 PM in response to Minacamillev

No, unfortunately Apple does not allow users to have the ability to downgrade to a previous version of an app. I am concerned about SnapChat saying that the won't be able to get back to you! That is ridiculous... Do you have another IOS device that you could try your account on???

If not you could restore you iPad to factory settings to see if that helps???

Good luck mate 🙂

Michael

<Edited by Host>

Apr 7, 2015 2:08 PM in response to mwallis1997

AAhh I see... Well what is factory settings and how do I do this??? .. And yes , this is the exact message "We might not be able to get back to you, but we are keeping track of your bug reports, feature requests, and feedback, and really appreciate your help 🙂" I also notice that I'm not the only one who's experiencing the same problem. Turns out there's other iPad users out there who are having difficulties with the new version

Apr 7, 2015 2:15 PM in response to Minacamillev

Yes I have done some research into this myself since seeing your issue and sure enough it is an issue that started at midnight on Friday. It has slowly been effecting users since. Don't worry Apple are in contact with SnapChat and are working on a fix.

In terms of restoring your device to factory settings - this is when your device gets wiped and set up as if it was brand new out of the box. Many people don't like this as any photos or other data that has not been backed up to iCloud will be permanently erased. However if you choose to do this method follow my following instructions.

Instructions:

1. Go into 'Settings'

2. Click 'General'

3. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and click 'Reset'

4. Click 'Erase All Content and Settings'

5. Enter your passcode for the iPad if you have one and also enter your Apple ID password.

6. The Apple logo will appear and you after a while you will be brought to the welcome screen.

7. Reset up your iPad and enter your Apple ID Details

8. Go into Apple APP Store and click 'purchases'

9. Redownload the SnapChat App.

I know this method isn't ideal, but this is the method I have always been told to do with customers that have an app issue that come to my store.

Good luck

Michael

Apr 7, 2015 2:26 PM in response to mwallis1997

AAhh ohh dear! now that you mentioned it I think I will just put up with this minor problem lol.. in my opinion I don't think it will work because it seems like the problem is within the app. like you said snapchat isn't made for iPad users. I hope it gets sorted asap , please do up date me if they have find some sort of solution. Snapchat will lose customers rapidly if this isn't fix, first "the best friend " feature and now this ?

Why is the front camera not working when using the new version of snapchat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.