Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Airplay Feature doesn't work lately...

Since the cheaper Apple TV came out my 2nd generation Apple TV doesn't let me stream video from my iPad mini. iPhone 6 Plus, iPod 5th Generation, I got to the Airplay Feature and non of my Devices appeared all of them are connected to the same Wifi network

iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 10:57 AM

3 replies

Apr 7, 2015 11:30 AM in response to MAPB48

Try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Check AirPlay is turned on on the Apple TV (turn it off and on if it already is)
  2. Check that both devices are on the same network (Settings > Wifi, on the mobile device and Settings > General > Network, on the Apple TV).
  3. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  4. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  5. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  6. Restart your mobile device.

If you are still having problems, the following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting AirPlay

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

My Airplay Feature doesn't work lately...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.