Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Iphone 5 won't update or download new apps

My iPhone 5 will not update nor will it allow me to download new apps. It keeps asking for old Apple id's and passwords

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 12:55 PM

1 reply

Apr 10, 2015 1:26 PM in response to kimmied2015!

Greetings kimmied2015!,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are being prompted for an old Apple ID when trying to update or download applications. It sounds like there may be two different situations going on.

Your old Apple ID can show when updating applications if you created a new Apple ID for use with the iTunes & App Store as opposed to editing the old Apple ID. If some of your applications were downloaded from a completely separate Apple ID, you will need to enter the password for that account to update them.

Download past purchases - Apple Support

Sign in with the Apple ID that you used for the original purchase. Use these steps to see which Apple ID you used to download an item.

If you are being prompted to enter the old Apple ID on a new application, it sounds like you may be currently signed into the old Apple ID on your iPhone. To sign out of that Apple ID and into the correct one, please follow the steps in the next attached article.

iOS: Sign in with a different Apple ID in the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

my Iphone 5 won't update or download new apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.