Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i update safari to an old powerbook g4?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 8:09 PM

Sadly you can only install the last version that was supported on Power PC. Check Software update to look of any newer versions, if that downs't list any, you are up to date.

If you need to use a newer browser for particular sites you will need to look for versions of browsers that support 10.5 & PowerPC.

Look through the older releases of Chrome, Firefox & Opera.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2015 8:09 PM in response to bryjh4

Sadly you can only install the last version that was supported on Power PC. Check Software update to look of any newer versions, if that downs't list any, you are up to date.

If you need to use a newer browser for particular sites you will need to look for versions of browsers that support 10.5 & PowerPC.

Look through the older releases of Chrome, Firefox & Opera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.