Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

passcode

hi. Suddenly my iphone6 is locked. and I want to quickly return to factory settings. my apple ID: maryam.shafiee64@gmail.com. please Help me.

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 1:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 1:18 AM

When I want to take it back to factory settings, a message appears for the update to ios 8.2 update but never fully carried out.

9 replies

Apr 8, 2015 1:20 AM in response to maryam.shafiee

If you have forgotten the passcode for the Lock Screen, follow this article to access the phone again:

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If the phone is locked by the Activation Lock and you have forgotten the password for the Apple ID that has been used, check these links to recover the password:

Find your Apple ID

Change your Apple ID

Forgotten Apple ID password

The phone can only be set up again if the correct Apple ID and password has been used to unlock the Activation Lock.

Otherwise it can't be used anymore.

iCloud: Activation Lock

Apr 13, 2015 12:19 AM in response to Ingo2711

hi, sir

referring to your article replying my problem.i did yo your instructions step by step but i cant resolve it my cell is locked anyway

as i am in Iran for about at least for

4 month from now and i need my cell necessarily and as apple company has no representative in Iran ,i ask u to give me another exact solution .

by regards.

S.R.Mirshafaei

Apr 13, 2015 12:30 AM in response to maryam.shafiee

Try to set it back to factory settings, explained in this article:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

If this does not work, you'll have to get your phone serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Apr 13, 2015 1:10 AM in response to Ingo2711

hi sir

in your instruction link: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

,when im going to do 3th step, i receive this message: it says' first update your IOS version to 8.3' but to update cell should have passcode!

but this is a contradiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!. you see i have forgotten my passcode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Apr 13, 2015 1:29 AM in response to Ingo2711

hi sir

in your instruction link: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

,when im going to do 3th step and click to 'restore', i receive this message: it says' first update your IOS version to 8.3' but to update cell should have passcode!

but this is a contradiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!. you see i have forgotten my passcode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It may be a software or IOS bug.

Apr 13, 2015 1:38 AM in response to maryam.shafiee

If you have the Apple ID and password, you should have no problem following the steps in this article:

Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

Erase and restore

If you can't remember your passcode, you'll need to erase your device, then use a backup to put your data and settings back on your device.

User uploaded file User uploaded file Recovery
Mode

Use these steps if
you've synced your
device with iTunes.

Use these steps if you
have an iCloud account
and have Find My iPhone
turned on.
Use recovery mode if you
can't sync or connect with
iTunes and don't have an
iCloud account.

copied from Forgot passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.