Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to Yosemite, I had to upgrade my iPhoto, now the full res versions of my images cannot be found.

After upgrading to Yosemite, I had to upgrade my iPhoto, now the full res versions of my images cannot be found. I had created a book to print (before upgrade) but, after the upgrade the book can't be created as I get the message that images can't be found. However, if I search for the filename I can find the image. I tried repairing library as per support instructions but it hasn't helped. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

MacBook, OS X10.10.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 1:20 AM

4 replies

Apr 8, 2015 1:38 AM in response to Brambling

Where are the original images?

Are you running a Managed or a Referenced Library?

A Managed Library, is the default setting, and iPhoto copies files into the iPhoto Library when Importing. The files are then stored in the Library package

A Referenced Library is when iPhoto is NOT copying the files into the iPhoto Library when importing because you made a change at iPhoto -> Preferences -> Advanced. (You unchecked the option to copy files into the Library on import) The files are then stored where ever you put them and not in the Library package. In this scenario you are responsible for the File Management.

Apr 11, 2015 10:05 AM in response to Yer_Man

Thanks Terence. My photos have been copied into iPhoto on the whole, but some are not. When I try to buy the book I created I get the message: "There is a problem with the photo with the filename “P1030622.JPG.” The full resolution version of this photo either cannot be located or is corrupt. Please replace this photo or delete it from your book." I went and found this image and imported it into iPhoto and placed it in my book, but I get the same error message when I try to buy the book again. Any further ideas?

After upgrading to Yosemite, I had to upgrade my iPhoto, now the full res versions of my images cannot be found.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.