Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

jQuery animate not working in Safari after auto lock on IOS 8.2

Hi Guys,

We are developing a browser-based video platform which makes use of jQuery's .animate function and am encountering some problems. The animate function is used to simulate inertia when dragging buttons around. This all works perfectly, until the iPad auto-locks after 2 minutes. Once the iPad is unlocked, all inertia is gone. there's no error that I can see, the animate just doesn't work. Refreshing the page doesn't restore functionality, neither does re-entering the address manually into the address bar or navigating to the apps page and back. The only way to restore functionality is to double-tap the iPad's Home button to bring up the apps menu and swipe Safari up to close it.

'It's the code' I hear you cry. Well, I have 2 iPads for testing. One is an iPad 3, the other is a brand new iPad air. Both are on IOS 8.2. The old iPad works perfectly all the time in the exact same condition when the iPad air fails. I've also tried factory resetting the iPad air to try to resolve this but without success.

I've also done a lot of research into this and have seen the posts on stackoverflow saying a few people have resolved the issue with the upgrade from 8.1 -> 8.11 (I also had this issue on 8.1, the version that came with the iPad). Alas I still have it on 8.2.

Also, before anyone tells me to use CSS3 transitions, I use this on other platforms which work perfectly and do not support CSS3.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Problem iPad:

Version: 8.2 (12D508)

Model: MD785B/B

Working iPad:

Version: 8.2 (12D508)

Model: MC705B/A

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 3:12 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2015 5:36 AM in response to hyperdrinky

Mmmmm... this humble pie is delish.

Ok, so after managing to reproduce this error on my old iPad I think I have it sussed. It's not the iPad's fault entirely. It seems that when you lock the iPad is can mess with the timestamps on events. Even after the app is reopened the timestamp seems to think that its back when it was locked. I've worked around this and used getTimestamp. Seems a few other people have seen this as well.

Hopefully anyone in the same boat will see this. Thanks to anyone who read it.

jQuery animate not working in Safari after auto lock on IOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.