Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.6 will not start after new install

Rebuilt my Mac Mini with a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.2 and reinstalled all my apps. Downloaded and installed Aperture from the App Store but it will not start. No crash, just nothing. Does its animated thing when double-clicked in Finder, and goes through the usual launch action from Launchpad, but then nothing. No icon in the dock, does not appear (even momentarily) in Activity Monitor. I have Final Cut Express installed and have seen other launch issues with this combo, but they all seem to result in an Aperture crash. Any ideas?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2015 7:54 AM

Did you install Final Cut Express after you installed MacOS X? Then install Yosemite again on top of the current system, without reinstalling the applications. See: Aperture 3.x: Aperture unexpectedly quits if Final Cut Express 4 is installed

Aperture does not work after installing FCE, but if you reinstall MacOS X after installing FCE, both Aperture and Final Cut Express sgizld work.

The download of Aperture may be incomplete. If reinstalling the system does not solve this, trash Aperture and download again.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2015 7:54 AM in response to Nigel in UK

Did you install Final Cut Express after you installed MacOS X? Then install Yosemite again on top of the current system, without reinstalling the applications. See: Aperture 3.x: Aperture unexpectedly quits if Final Cut Express 4 is installed

Aperture does not work after installing FCE, but if you reinstall MacOS X after installing FCE, both Aperture and Final Cut Express sgizld work.

The download of Aperture may be incomplete. If reinstalling the system does not solve this, trash Aperture and download again.

Aperture 3.6 will not start after new install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.